sábado, julho 19, 2008

Daqui a um bocado vou para Algés ao concerto de Leonard Cohen.
Decidi dar uma leitura a todos os poemas das canções, porque os versos que durante décadas foram o lema da minha vida têm de ser substituídos, visto representarem agora muito mais um fracasso que uma promessa:

I look for her always
I'm lost in this calling
I'm tied to the threads of some prayer
Saying, When will she summon me
When will she come to me
What must I do to prepare
When she bends to my longing
Like a willow, like a fountain
She stands in the luminous air
And the night comes on
And it's very calm
I lie in her arms and she says, When I'm gone
I'll be yours, yours for a song


The crickets are singing
The vesper bells ringing
The cat's curled asleep in his chair
I'll go down to Bill's Bar
I can make it that far
And I'll see if my friends are still there
Yes, and here's to the few
Who forgive what you do
And the fewer who don't even care
And the night comes on
It's very calm
I want to cross over, I want to go home
But she says, Go back to the World.

Do álbum "Various Positions", The Night Comes On.

E cheguei a estes, do álbum "The Future", Anthem:

Ring the bells that still can ring.
Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack in everything.
That's how the light gets in.

É com estes versos que vou para o concerto, estes os versos que vão ser um eco da minha vida a partir de agora.

Sem comentários: